1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
In all honesty, there are days where I miss the past, but, it's the past that is made up. Is anything of the past ever real after you see what someone is capable of. When you make such a mistake as that, you come to realize what it is that you have lost. Me. You become gracious and humbled by the experience and you learn. Both parties must move on, and hopefully it is a move to something that surpasses what was previously there. The thing is, you must put your all into the new. You must dive into it as if you can never be hurt again. There are things that I have told the new that I would have never told the old. I can be myself. I can be loved. I can be appreciated. And as I cry writing this, I just want to be faithful to the new, despite the past. I know that the past is the past and we all have one, but my past destroyed me, and the new continues to build up the ruins of a man that didn't think that he could ever be picked up again.
So, the words here are a cry to the past and a cry to the future. The words are for an unleashing of feelings. The words are to be honest. The words are to show love that was and love that is.
Genesis 12

No comments:
Post a Comment