Often times it is debated, what is the difference between 'beauty' and 'sexy.' Are they synonymous? Does one outweigh the other? What are the contexts that the two may be used in? I will take out a before moment to somewhat explain the difference between the two. The 'beauty' part is relatively easy, though it is the most complex. 'Beauty' is what defines a person. 'Beauty' goes beyond the physical, it surpasses the mental, and it penetrates to the core of a person. A person's 'beauty' shines from within. Everything that the person is and aspires to be, you see through them and it is represented in their mannerisms, and partly through their aesthetic features. But, 'beauty' goes beyond 'hotness.' Being 'hot' or 'sexy' is attributed to what is seen on the television screen. And, since this is America, if it's on television or in the movies, it's wanted by the general population. There is nothing wrong with being 'hot' or 'sexy,' as long as the definition of such is defined correctly. 'Sexy' is pleasing to the eye. It's something that can be lusted after. It's something that is wanted. Now, the dilemma thus arrives when 'beauty' would like to counteract and intertwine with 'sexy.' Here is the infamous, Thomas-oriented, secret: they're the same thing. This can only be seen, however, in a relationship of true love. If someone finds you to be 'beautiful,' they're not saying that your look is beyond reproach, they're not saying that they see you as more than a sex symbol, and they're not saying that they want to have sex with you. They're saying that you surpass what words can explain. And when a persons entire being surpasses words, one can only say, 'beautiful.' And in the same breath, everything that is held back with the word 'beauty' is shown in the word 'hot' or 'sexy.' Those words give you that level of supremacy. Those words attribute to the sexual desire that people have. Everyone wants to be lusted over and everyone wants to be wanted in a sexual capacity. The thing that separates 'sexy' from other things is that love is not necessary to define someone as 'sexy.' That's why I can say that Scarlett Johannson is 'sexy,' but I can say that the one that I love is 'beautiful.' But, at the same time, I can say that the one that I love is 'sexy' because I have a desire for her that surpasses any desire for another. So, in closing, the want that women have to be both 'beautiful' and 'hot' can not be obtained through anyone at the same time. They can only be obtained at the same time through the action of love.
Genesis 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment